Sunday, August 16, 2009

End of Summer Update

Blogging doesn't seem to be as easy to keep up with as I thought it would be.  But that is no excuse for such a delayed update....
Summer has flown by, Dani is going back to work, the kids start school in a week, and I am doing better than anyone has expected including myself.  Life just keeps moving on and I am just happy to be a part of every day.  I hope everyone is doing well and had a chance to enjoy this summer in some way.  We enjoyed a relaxing trip to Alabama to visit my grandparents, cousins, and my Aunt Pam and Uncle Roy and of course, my Pops.  Always so good to visit a home that provided so much love for me as a child during the summers.  My grandma continues to amaze me with her stamina, love, and desire to enjoy life while taking care of my grandpa when he needs her most.  My dad, who has always been my biggest hero, still continues to amaze me with his work ethic, but I think he pushes himself too hard and he is too stubborn to realize that he usually over does it.  But that is what makes him such a great man and an even more wonderful father.
I was also so grateful that Danielle's mother and father were able to join us for our trip, visit with my family, and then enjoy some much needed time for themselves.  My Aunt Pam and Grandparents were such gracious hosts and they really enjoyed their time with The McDaniels. I really hope we are able to do it again next summer...
As far as my last appointment in Houston went, the chemo is still effective and keeping my tumor at bay, but they are keeping an eye on my liver and we will know more after my appointment in October whether there will be any real concern.  Until then I will enjoy each day with eager excitement and make the most of my rough days.
We continue to keep The Delgado Family in our prayers and hope that God will continue to provide comfort when necessary and slowly heal such a deep wound.  
My boy, my friend, my brother, Mike Salazar, finally made the move to Dallas and will be living with us until he finds a place of his own.  He has definitely added some humor to the household and I hope he makes the transition with ease.  Austin and Lexi are excited to have another "kid" to play with...lol.  
Austin amazed me with his first sparring match a couple weeks ago by handling himself against a green belt and he is looking forward to soccer season.
Lexi has continued to grow into an amazing young woman, but I am curious to see how this next year will go for her.

God Bless,
Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment